If it smells of oil or Petrol ...its in the shed.



Wednesday 10 May 2017

What I did in the shed this winter....and kitchen table!

This winter my dear old Cotton has a  received a little bit of tinkering ready for the forthcoming riding season. First was a jolly good top end strip down and de-coke  paying particular attention to the baked on Castrol 'R'  witch tends to cover every external nook and cranny. Then the valves were given a gentle lapping in, this work was carried out on my substantial kitchen table away from the winter cold and gloom. These small important operations give a chap something to look forward to after a  long working day.  The kitchen and its table make a very cosy and convivial work shop for the smaller work, along with radio 4 for company. Other shed work involved  new front brake and clutch cables, every tiny atom of stopping power is needed on these old bikes. I also repainted (brushed) the exhaust and silencer with stove paint purchased from a local country store...I do like a good country store!  Suffice to say I had a very good ride on our Spring run along some fabulous Warwickshire country roads and lanes.

No comments: